Most scariest thing evaaa!!!

I had the scare of my life yesterday. D'you wanna know what happened? I came home, turned on the TV, had dinner while watching Spiderman and WhatsApp-ing (LOL thats a word?) a couple of friends, then noticed my battery wasn't charging. The charging LED was on, and the charging animation seemed ok. That is, until I took a closer look. The animation was jagged and skipping. A clear indication that something is wrong - that the phone isn't charging. And then, as I went through the applications that could cause the problem . . . . .


I totally went WTF! I tried plugging it into my laptop - same popup. Tried my sister's charger (she has the same phone and same model) same popup! I almost died! So I turned off the WiFi, turned off the data, still not charging. I turned off the phone and tried charging it in that state for 15 minutes, but when I turned it back on, 8% left! OMG!!!

Flabbergasted, I almost resigned to turning it off and going phoneless for what could be a few days. The phone used nano sim and my other phones used the common simcard. I thought, thats fine. I might miss a few messages, maybe some important ones. but I was prepared. It was cool..

Then I noticed my brother's charger lying around. I don't think that was his phone's charger tho, even if it has the same port. I am usually against using a different charger other than ones specifically for my phone's model. They don't make them different solely for looks, you know. Power ratings could be different. I decided to risk it - and I was right. Imagine charging 25% in 15 minutes? But I had it turned off, cuz when I attempt to charge my phone while it's on using my brother's charger, the charging LED blinks from charging to not charging almost wildly. 

When I got to almost 30%, I can't risk any longer and decided to try using my own charger again. Voila! Somehow that fixed it. I guess something messed up somewhere. I'm keeping a watchful eye while charging now. 

As an afterthought :
  1. Unless it is an emergency, do not use a charger that was not built for your phone model. Same goes to Laptop or anything else that needs charging. Even if they are from the same brand, the same maker, same port, only different model, do not risk it. Power rating may be different and may damage your battery. If you have to use it, use it sparingly and knowing the consequences. 
  2. Dude, it's just a phone. Nothing to panic about. Yeah sure you might miss important calls or texts, Facebook and Twitter posts and stuffs, but chill out. Take it as a blessing that you get to spend time without distraction with the people immediately around you. 
Note : This post is meant as an over exaggeration of a real event. No phone, charger or person was harmed in any way. ^_^

0 comments :