Flinder's Station Jalan Song!


It has been a while since I came here. Probably a couple of months. I've read some mixed reviews about this place, and I dare say I've been lucky enough to get good food and good service on every visit. Then again, I always go with the same friend and perhaps we enjoyed the quiet ambiance and the conversation that we never really paid too much attention to the food that we ordered or service delivered to us. 

This time round we had a third person. Again, the service leaves little to be desired. Although I did notice the patron a couple of tables away getting restless waiting for their food to arrive. 

First off, the drinks : 

              

Leftmost is Mango Smoothie. Rich, sweet and sour, smooth and delish! I only had a couple of sips tho. Out of character I ordered Cold Ceylon Blend tea, and it was just refreshing. I had a feeling I would be eating for two and I was right, and the tea is light enough to elevate my fullness. 

I did not catch the greenish drink - has to be a mocktail as my friend loves the mocktail here. and next to it is the strawberry smoothie. Did not taste, but I bet it is just as rich as the mango smoothie. 

Hodgepodge Pizza - Normal Crust
Something for the table : the Hodgepodge Pizza. Always a favourite when I come here. Slices of pepperoni and hotdog, bits of hams and chicken, lots of cheese, a pure vegan would probably die at this glorious sight! >.<  Joking of course. 

Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Grilled Chicken
This is what my friend ordered. A little too oily for our taste, that we all agree, but while I say it's nicely seasoned with herbs, spices, dried chilli and pepper (nope, not the least bit hot. Just spicy.. hrmm.. in local term, rasa berempah tapi sik pedah langsung so don't worry if you cannot tolerate hot/spicy food. This is very mild), my friend said it lacks flavor. Be warned tho, you might end up comparing it with mee goreng, because it does taste like it. 



And the main star of of the show (my dish, our course) Kansas Grilled Chicken with BBQ Sauce. Served with fresh lettuce and tomato salad and potato wedges. My friend complained they put too much potato wedges, and yeap, he's right, it was a little more than usually expected. I'd put is to twice the service size of KFC's large cheesy wedges.

The salad is nice, I think it was lightly dressed with olive oil, black pepper and salt. Plain and simple. The chicken, OMG!! The meat fell off the bone fairly easy, and I the falvor seeps right into the bones (yeah, I chew them. Malaysian what!) Personally I think the BBQ sauce on the side should not be eaten with the chicken as it already has awesome flavor on it's own, but you eat how you like it. I used it to dip the wedges instead.

All in all, my experience at Flinder's Station Jalan Song has always been good. I hope you guys can be as lucky as me!

2 comments :

  1. Looks yummy, will give the place a try next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is delish kak Tia! Do give it a try. But the pie, as Lindy said, is microwaved so it's not really worth trying. Pizza, especially wheat-crust Hodgepodge is awesome everytime.

      Delete