Monsters University : Yay or Nay?

Blerrghhhhh... (Wow, what a way to start a movie review). Hahaha! Chill out. I was referring to my thoughts as I start this blog entry. I'm not really good at movie reviews, and I don't really go to cinema as often as most of my friends does. Well anyways, I was invited to fill in a seat last night along with my highschool friends to watch Monsters University, and it is a great movie in spite of all the cliche ridden storyline. 

Without divulging too much information and ruining it for those who hasn't seen and plan to watch it, the Monster's University is a prequel of Monster's Inc. It explores the early days of Mike and Sullivan (hint : they weren't necessarily the best of friends). Nevertheless, keep an eye out for familiar characters here and there. 

As I do with most movies I watched, I look for details and the background (Unless if Angelina Jolie's in it, then always look at Angelina Jolie. Don't even think of blinking when she's on the scene. >.<) Boy the CGI is awesome! Shadow, texture, every hair, every fur, every glisten of an eye, the iris, reflection, water, greens, grass! All in very explicit details. I'm not sure if it airs in 3D, but if  you have the chance, do watch it in 3D. I bet it's gonna be awesome! (PS : my ticket was sponsored, as I said earlier 'filling in a seat'. Beggars can't be choosers.)

Well in any case, I give it a 7/10 rating, mostly because I am a sucker at cliche ridden storyline (laughing my ass of at first until for some ridiculous reason some dust got into my eyes and they tear up) and that the graphics and animation is really really awesome!

go watch it! And just to give you a sense of how old you've become, Monsters Inc was more than 10 years ago. >.<

0 comments :