Iftar @ Boardriders

Ever since it opened, I've always planted an intention to sit and try the food at Boardriders Cafe @ Sunset Avenue Plaza Merdeka, Kuching. I have to say, I was not disappointed. The other day for Iftar me and a couple of friends was able to try out one of the promotion, which as a main course, a soup and bottomless iced tea for RM 19.90 ++ (I'm sure the ++ was for any extra drinks or desserts and what not).

The list of main courses was not too overwhelming, among them was :

  • Pineapple Chicken Curry with Butter Rice
  • Clack Pepper Chicken Chop with Butter Rice
  • Tuna Spaghetti Carbonara
  • Turkey Ham and Cheese Sandwich
  • Beef Pepperoni










My two good friends decided to try the Black Pepper Chicken Chop with Butter Rice. I had a bite, and boy the black pepper sauce was delicious. Not too strong, just nice. The colour and plating was nicely done, with plenty of fresh salad and tomatoes. Fortunately for me, my dear friends has a low liking towards vege so I had extra salad (which I was unable to finish in the end being too full after my own meal). 

I ordered the Tuna Spaghetti Carbonara because I am a fan of carbonara sauce. Mixed feeling here, because as much as I do enjoy it, the sauce was too thick and the tuna was too chunky to my liking. An extra spoon or two might help the dish too, I suppose. But the overall taste and presentation was delightful enough I cleaned my plate anyways (then again, a lot of people would say I clean my plate in spite of whatever). 


The three of us stayed and talked for a couple of hours over iced tea. The waiters were attentive enough to offer to refill our cups, our seat was cozy right by the window overlooking Padang Merdeka. I like how the cafe was setup to reflect the ambiance of an indoor surf joint, complete with surfboards! And for those who wants a quiet time to themselves, they even have a bar along with headphones so you can still retreat into your own world even if you forgot your earphones.

I managed to snap (and enhance here and there) a few photos. If you've never tried Boardriders Cafe before, do give it a go. I'm sure you'll fall in love instantly!









0 comments :