Between REASON, SEASON, and a LIFETIME


Every time my head got all messed up inside and I let my emotions run lose, I always end up thinking and reciting this poem to myself. I may have blogged about this before, and that is an assurance to myself that there are things about me that don't change. 


People come into your life for a REASON, a SEASON or a LIFETIME. When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person, and in return, for yourself. 

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need that you have expressed. 
They have come to assist you through a difficulty, 
To provide you with guidance and support,
To aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem godsend, and they are,
because they are there for the REASON you NEED them to be
Then,
without any wrongdoing on your part, or even in an inconvenient time,
This person will say or do something that brings the relationship to an end.

Sometimes, they die.
Sometimes, they walk away.
Sometimes, they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that  our need has been met,
our desire fulfilled,
and their work is done.
The prayer you have sent up has been answered,
and it is time to move on...


Some people come into your life for a SEASON.
Because your turn has come to grow, share and learn.
They bring you an experience of peace, and the joy of laugh.
They may teach you something that you have never learned before.
Make you do something you never thought you would have done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it, it is real.
But only for a SEASON.


LIFETIME relationships teach you LIFETIME lessons.
Things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.

Your job, is to ACCEPT these lessons.
Love the person, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships
and are as your life.

It is said that LOVE IS BLIND, but FRIENDSHIP IS CLAIRVOYANT 

I never blame you for leaving...
..but I refuse to let you go..


Thank you for being a part of my life, be it a REASON, a SEASON or a LIFETIME


0 comments :