My First Facial!

LOL! Coming from a guy, yeap, that is rather uncommon. But a facial treatment is not limited to the ladies. Us gentlemen would also want to put a little effort into it. Just remember, beauty is only skin deep, and however handsome or fair or clear skin one may have, it will fade over time. That being said, I know mine has aged much too fast. 

It did tool a minimal coaxing on my part to get my (ehem ehem.. I hope she reads this >.<) significant other to actually sign up for a facial treatment, but we agreed almost a month ago to purchase the Michelle Lazar Antioxidant skin treatment - Facial, Eye and Neck (the last bit was more of a tap-tap on the shoulder but I'll get to it in a bit).

After much procrastination and failed booking because the place - Michelle Lazar - was apparently very popular and is almost always booked - we were finally able to get a slot at 5pm today. I was warned earlier that it would hurt - like h*ll - but I guess it slipped my mind. She warned me again as we went out for lunch and just chilled the afternoon off waiting for the appointment - and I told her that if she, one with a fair skin and small pores (yikes, I'm using the word "pores" now) said that it hurts, I should be in excruciating pain considering I have pores the size of the craters on the moon!

And guys, lemme just tell you this. It f*ckin HURTS like MAD! The beautician was kind enough to sort-of walk me through the process - informing me "I'm going to wash your face now" and "Close your eyes, I'm applying the eye treatment" and so-on. That was nice - enjoyable even, but when she got to the piercing and unblocking the pores, it was nightmare for me! I lost count how many "Ouch!" I let out! (Kinda shows how bad my skin really was.. ~.~"). When I glanced over on her side, at one point I caught her dozing off. Apparently, for someone who was a little reluctant at first seemed to be enjoying herself! HAHA!

After the piercing and unblocking of pores tho, the session got much much better (and no, it didn't really hurt that much.. I was exaggerating as always.. haha!). We rather enjoyed the face massage and masks, and the cleansing towards the end. Then the neck treatment - I was half expecting a neck and shoulder massage - but instead got a firm but gentle beating on the neck and shoulders with the palms of their hands which lasted for 5, maybe 10 seconds or so. 

All-in-all, it was a good session., and we both agreed to go again if and when we have the time and budget. For me tho, this is one thing to cross off my want-to-do list. 

1 comment :

  1. Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post.
    טיפול פנים

    ReplyDelete