for auld lang syne, 2013

It had been a rough ride especially towards the end of 2013, but after all has been done, after all cards were dealt, after all those tears and sweat and smiles and laughter, frown and joy, sorrow and sickness, mine, wounded and healed, is still a blessed soul

Looking back, counting the seconds and minutes and hours and days and weeks and months, after 3 failed relationships, a couple of broken friendship, a revelation, a resignation, a pursuit in education, a new job and a new relationship later, I am only beginning to live my life

I cannot be certain of what exactly it is. I just truly felt that I have ended 2013 with a sense of accomplishment. That alone, says a lot because thus far I haven't ended a year with anything more than dinner with friends and family. I did that too, by the way - it's almost customary. Only this time, it is accompanied with a sense of accomplishment. 

That's it! I always asked myself at the end of the year - what have I accomplished this year? Well, my friends, I have, this year, embarked on an educational journey to obtain may Masters degree (dramatic much!). I have a new job - an international company - my office on the 8th floor (that's the top floor of the building) with an almost 360* view of the surrounding area! What's more, my significant other, the love of my life, the one I'm going to grow old with, is going to start work too AND pursuing her dream of managing her own business AND continuing her studies as well! Best part of that - her office is just a stone throw away from mine! Give me any reason to NOT be excited about that and I'll only have but one answer - she is my inspiration!

I have accomplished so much this year - even in those failure I learned and that, in it's own right, is an accomplishment greater than many. For once, I know who my friends are and I know who my friends were. I shall miss those whom were my friends, but for those who still are, I shall cherish and love them more! And for those whom will become my friends, I look forward to our experience together - both good and bad. 


And so to bid farewell to another year of blessed experience, 2013, I sing to thee, for auld lang syne



January was when my 2013 began
          yet another year of resolution!

February was when I splurged
          not knowing of a new beginning

March was when I learned
          and unlearned and became wiser

April was when we first met
          and it was thanks to
February
May witnessed a revelation
          fostered a new friendship, sank some too

June was a summer of new experiences
          a picnic, an adventure, a playful banter

July gave breath to a new fire
          shed light to a forgotten memory

August a joyous celebration
          a welcoming of a new resident into my shell

September a drama, a conflict, a theater
          on stage and in life

October was chilly and cold
          said goodbye to a memory of old

November was quiet
          a turmoil brewing

December was a blessing
          the calm after the storm


2 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful... nothing else to say. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete