What? No Cash Needed for RWMF 2015 purchases?

Yeap, this year - the 18th instalment of Rainforest World Music Festival (RWMF) - the organisers are bringing in improvements in many areas of the festival. One of such is the introduction of cashless payment methods for purchases on the festival ground's Food Marts and Village Marts.

Almost all vendors will be participating in this payment method, says here in the press release. That means (I could be wrong so don't quote me word for word on this) that cash payments methods are still acceptable, although to which extent remains unclear.

I think this is a bold move by the organisers - for one, I always though about the cash I have in my wallets getting soaked and drenched in the rainforest rain! It also makes it easier for festival goers to control and monitor their expenses, as in order to partake in the cashless payment method, they would have to first top-up a certain amount before being able to make purchase.

Based on what I gathered, the physical form of the cashless payment device is a wrist-strap similar to the daily entrance pass. The RFID wrist-strap is tagged at the entrance, and top-up counters will be set up all over the festival grounds.

The minimum (if any) top-up amount is not yet clear, as well as how much top-up can be made i.e. in tiers similar to mobile prepaid reload cards, or if specific amount with cents are allowed as well. I have emailed my contact person, once I have the information I will be updating this post.

One thing to note tho, according to the press release, the balance in the RFID wrist-strap is non-refundable. Some might see this as an opportunistic move, some might see it as the facility is not supported by the system that the organisers opted for. Either way, I would advise to top-up just enough to avoid unnecessary loss of expenditure on the festival goer's side.

I'll keep you posted on the information I have regarding this - if I get updated. Otherwise, keep you eyes on the official RWMF website and Facebook page for latest information.

0 comments :