Sometimes a break is what you need


I've always held a positive attitude to a fault. Yes, there are times that I go pessimistic, hey you gotta find that balance between things right? And the saying there's always a silver lining on a grey cloud? Yeap, it's true. If you're under one and haven't found your silver lining, look harder. Trust me, it's there. And sometimes, a break is what you need to help you see.

At least, that was what exactly happened to me. This 'break', or 'vacation' or 'timeout' was completely unplanned. I had no say on where to go, what to or or even things to eat. Being dragged around with little to no energy (due to insomnia), sleeping in 3 different hotels over the course of 4 nights, no cash in my pocket because of late payments, a 'break', 'vacation' or 'timeout' is a farfetched.

But lemme tell you what I am - I am a teamplayer. I don't complain during, and rarely after - i.e. this post. But complaining isn't what this post is about.

It's about that silver lining.

I was bummed out by a whole lot of things over the past few weeks. Rescheduled meetings, unclosed business negotiations, cancelled luncheons, makes me, as someone who looks forward to making my own mark in this world, feel very unappreciated. Trust me, to be taken lightly, it's one of the worst feeling I've ever felt. I want to serve my clients as best as possible, but between rescheduled meetings (over car service or another meeting whatever) and delayed payments, between quotation requests that was never closed or confirmed, I felt too small to make an impact that these businesses takes me a little too lightly.

 A break, that silver lining shine through.

And shine it did. This is the business world. This is the business community. This is professionalism. Not complaining, not whine (luckily I don't drink cuz I'd love some cheese and crackers with that) about anything and everything. Action. Grasp the nettle.

And that's not all. This moment, this very moment when I saw that silver lining, is also like being in the eye of the storm. I'm not sure if this is literally true, but in the movies where there's a tornado, in the center is always calm, while the chaos and turmoil surrounds. This is how I feel right now. And I can't wait to get back.

Listen, if you ever find yourself stuck, remember why you do what you do in the first place. Find your silver lining, there is always one. And have faith, be strong, put your heart and soul into it, and you're sure to find the rainbow on the other side. I sure see mine so clearly now.

0 comments :