Malaysian food critics

Are you a fan of food documentaries? These are such as Jalan2 Cari Makan n series that r on Astro AFC or Travel n Living? Notice the differences between Malaysian n western food documentaries? I did..

Western food documentaries and chef shows usually tells us many many many useful information. Tips on how to make the meat tender, what herbs to use n what not.. I'm not an expert about food - I just eat them. But these documentaries n shows are very informative..

As oppose to Malaysian food documentaries n shows, especially Jalan2 Cari Makan, they commonly talk about how good the food it. Period. Then the host would go about if u want to know how good the food is, try it yourself. How helpful or informative is that?

Had a conversation about this with a friend over dinner the other nite, he said, to which I agree, it boils down to the question : Do we (Malaysians) care? I suppose not many of us do.

In any case, I'll b blogging about food as well.. where to eat what, specifically in Kch.. note that being a Muslim, my place to dine is somewhat limited. First complaint being Sushi King is officially non-halal since the introduction of the 4 new alcohol added sushis... haiz...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

0 comments :