Here and Now

--- this is a contest entry ---

Big shoutout to everyone reading this blog entry!! Love y'all!!

So I read Nuffnang opens up a contest for credit card design, it's almost a sin for me to not submit my entry! I've read the first few entries, and wow.. y'all are soooo good!! I'm gonna go ahead and step up to the challenge too! *fingers crossed* here goes!


My concept is "Here and Now". I considered alternative spellings that can reflect trendy, hip, style etc. i.e. "Here & Now" or "Here n Now", but I'm gonna consider the hipsters and grammar nazi whom (ehem ehem) are annoyed by the many grammar raping common in social networks nowadays. Also, I used vivid and lively colors to reflect the youth's energy and potential. 

Speaking of social networks, that is the main theme of the design. At the bottom right, I depicted the stage of life a youth is currently at. Following the current trend of social network, I designed it so that social networking, connectivity, communication, is part of the youth's everyday life.

I used parts of the design to reflect a short excerpt of what is being a youth all about. Important as it is, I do not want it to impose by highlighting the description, but chose to fade it into the background instead because I believe no matter how hard one tries to define a youth, he or she may never capture the essence as each youth is unique in their own. 

So that's a little bit of a background for you. I hope you like it! (*fingers and toes crossed, hope for the win!)


0 comments :