Labour's Day Part 1 : Breakfast

It has been years (may or may not be exaggerating) since I've been here : Madam Tang's Cafe, serving one of (if not THE) BEST! Laksa Sarawak ever!! Couple that with either a Teh C Peng Special or Wheatgrass C Peng or your favourite drinks  - preferably cold because it is deliciously spicy depending on your tolerance,  and with milk to help wash it down. 

Located on Jalan Petanak, near Riverine Apartment, the easiest way to not miss it is to drive to the Padungan / Travillion roundabout (the one with the Maneko Neki Cat Statue, take the exit going towards MBKS or Hock Lee Center, you'll see Shell on your left, take the left junction immediately after it. Drive along the road a little and you'll see it. It's open from 7am to 12pm daily (I think - do correct me in the comments if I am wrong). 

A little warning tho - if you're allergic to seafood (like me) take your meds before or after (depending on your prescription) you enjoy the laksa. And if you're not a frequent visitor or a first timer (here or having Laksa Sarawak ever) do order the special bowl. Totally worth it. 

Will you just look at them prawns!! Yumzzz!! Yeap as I said, I am allergic to seafood but I kid you not, this is totally worth getting elephant ears, Angelina Jolie lips (on a dude, not cool) and not to mention itchiness as a side-effect after eating it! The gravy (or soup whatever u wanna call it) is made from boiling prawns before chicken that were later used to top the dish - is thick and creamy and just owh so delish!

My friends decided to go for something else - plain wantan, wantan in soup and beef noodle. They all look good - they all were hungry - they all dug in before I could remember to take pictures! Anyways, if you do find the time or have friends from outside Kuching coming for a visit, this is a must place to stop for breakfast! 

0 comments :