Love the new YouTube App!!

The new app shorcut icon
I swear if I get a dollar everytime I get excited over something I'd be a billionaire by now! I get excited over the smallest things! This time, the new YouTube app on my phone (and yes, on yours too! check it out!). 

I first noticed the app shortcut new design on one of my home screens a couple of days ago and promised myself to check it out once I have some free time on my hand (well if my free time happens to be at work so be it -.-") and wow am I excited to see the new features on it! 

I always b@tch about how I cant do anything else other than probably read the comment and video info but really, who reads ALL of them anyways? This, of course, is referring to music and lyrics videos. Sometimes I wanna search another video while the current one is playing, right? Well guess what, the AWESOME development team added the
multitasking capability IN the app itself. Technical mumbo-jumbo aside, this means that you and I can now search for other videos while the current one is playing! You can browse through your history and playlists, you can look at your channels and subscriptions! Owh this feature is awesome!
Another thing I used to b@tch about is I can't play playlists on the app. Yeah we all have our collections of MP3s and music on our phones but sometimes I want to listen to what other people have on their playlist! I wont b@tch anymore because the new update brings playlists to the app along with the multitasking! PSYCHED!!! Now I can stream my friend's playlists in the car!


The new design isn't significant but I did notice the Google Now Cards-like layout. The swiping gesture to minimize and dismiss currently playing video is anticipated as all smartphones recognize swipe gestures but I am still excited nonetheless. What's missing now is to have the video keep playing when YouTube app is in background so I can text and listen to music videos at the same time - but not while driving of course! 


0 comments :