My Wall of Very Important Things

I like to think of myself as a simple guy - others usually beg to differ. I enjoy a quiet walk by the riverside or a shopping spree whenever I can afford it. I like my solitary moments, yet at times I crave attention and to be around the people I love it suffocates them (sorry guys >.<) I like food, but I almost always feel guilty after eating - I've been steadily gaining weight lately. What is, is is to me - what was, was was - but what is to be is up to me to change. I guess in the lease amount of words I can describe myself is I'm a bundle of contradiction. 

In any case, of late I find myself collecting memories, reflecting on them, and re-living them one after another. I longed to be the person I used to be - I don't know who I am anymore. Thus to help me remember, I fashioned myself a simple Wall of Very Important Things. Mostly I hung key-chains on it, some were given by an important friend, some was given from a family member, some from my ex-girlfriends (dudes, chill. I've moved on since). A birthday card - something I haven't received since god knows when. Tickets of parks and rides with a dear friend - I hope to see you in Sabah next year. 

Still I feel a huge chunk of my heart is missing. Perhaps I've been looking in the wrong places. 

0 comments :