Finding another you..

Wasn't my intention to replace you.. after all, you were, and remain so, the sweetest most modest person with an old soul even if we are of the same age. Even if I do try to replace you, I can never find one that is exactly you, with your wonderful humor and comical smile that never fails to bring me out of my shell. You and your passion for life, taking in every good with some lemon and ever bad with a spoonful of honey. Your and your sincerity, you and your timidness, you and your mystery...

A person that is of the similar background, both teaching parents, in a way both eldest, and in a way although independent both are happy to depend on another at times. That is the person whom reminded me most of you. Very shy at times, but very vocal at others. We share the same passion for friendship the way the two of us shared our passion for our friendship. We both put so much effort into trying to spend as much quality time together that my friends soon became his, and his became mine. 

Both of you are extremely humbling, it is an honor to have met you both. A blessings to call you a friend, and a true, very rare gift that I will cherish and appreciate forever. A year was barely enough to really know the person that is you, but even away, I still feel your friendship close to my heart. In him, I find the same kind of friendship - truly a humbling experience. Though in a different place and time, much of your personality I see in him, makes me reminisce of the time we shared together. 

Remember once the two of us were so broke that few days til payday? Well, I'm experiencing the same with him - except this time it is undeniably a little worse. Like before, I believe both of us will pull through one way or another. 

In all sense of similarity, I feel that our days are numbered. He will be leaving soon, just as you did back then. I don't blame either of you, just hoped that the time we can spare for each other lasts much longer. Being the one left behind is never easy, but I know that being the person who leaves is just as painful. 

In all intention I will keep in touch. With both of you. Such bond of friendship is rare, much too valuable to let the passage of time erode it. Whenever the thought crosses my mind, whenever the bells of memory would chime or rang, whenever a gust of wind carries whispers of our past, whenever footfalls on the earth we walk echoes your name, whenever a ray of light carries with it shadows of your face, or the splashing of water reveals a treasure at the bottom that is you, I will ring you up, just to let you know I was thinking of you.. And in all sense of similarity, in a way, I have found another you. 

0 comments :