Issues of sexuality....

ok...this is probably still a taboo in our culture, but it kinda cross my path one time too many... Why do people label others (or themselves for that matter) as straight (as an arrow, if I might add), or gay, or lesbians, or homosexual, or metrosexual (they say it's the mask for bisexsuality)... One of a friend of a friend of mine so happens to be rejected by a group of his friends soon after he came out of the closet... At first it was peachy dandy and all that (according to him) but recently he discovered the truth about stuffs that happened throughout the course of the friendship and was devastated by how his friends treated him... like - OMG!!! that is so unfair... all this because he said that he preferred guys over girls... huhuhuhu..

I'm still shocked when he told me, i never actually thought of him that way - but then I said to myself, que sera sera, whatever will be, will be... So what if he sez he's gay... I cant be the judge of him, can I? and just because he is what he is, doesnt mean that the friendship must sink. It can still be the same as it was before - even better in fact (huhuhu - now I know how classy he can be and probably get some advice on skincare and stuffs like that. Can't really ask a girl now, can I? XD)

What really bothers me was the way his friends acted... two words will be sufficient to describe how they treated this poor guy - backstabbing hypocrites. I was a mere bystander for this group of friends, and until recently I didnt think there were any issues of problems amongst them.. apparently I was gravely wrong. Since many months ago the friends was simply acting nice in front of him. Behind his back, they were plotting to ignore him... Hahaha, I feel like cursing them all the way to h*ll, but they probably deserve something worse...

Well... I cant really do anything but nurse his broken heart and wounded pride.. It was the least I can do... But then I wonder if I should advice him to return to the closet or stay out in the open...cuz either way, I suppose it hurts... huhuhu - why do people put label on others - and themselves... If you love someone, then just love him/her.. if he/she loves you back, then it's heaven sent, and if its the other way around, well... there's no helping it... You can try, but you cant force love... In any case, friends are friends... Being straight as an arrow or bent 360 degrees into a circle should not change any of that... right?

0 comments :