Tanjong Manis Part II

Q6.. that's the assigned name of the house I live in here in Tanjong Manis. Spacious, quite comfortable, wooden house.. very kampong style. I have little to complain.. other that the insects and critters that woke me from sleep every night, its good..

But when you have many people living under the same roof, spacious as it may be, you cant help but feel your privacy's been ripped away. And you have to put up with them.. Just throw a smile, and hope for the best..

One thing that I can't stand tho, is that they always crank up the a/c to the max.. add the fan on maximum, and viola, you have yourself an indoor winter.. I mean, it's windy here.. cool breeze.. to me, I'm just comfortable with the natural breeze.. to them, hey, its free.. why not use it? I happen to forget to bring my sweater.. Its gonna be a long, cold night..

But on a different note, this house rocks!!! I mean, literally.. It shakes and sways and when you're lying down, on the floor or in bed, you feel it.. I assure you its safe. How would I describe the feeling.. its as if someones rocking you to sleep. Which is very very soothing..

I just hope tap water is not an issue this time round.. I've been lucky so far, but there are times when you turn the tap open, nothing comes out.. well, two more nights.. fingers crossed!!

1 comment :

  1. Hey u're still in Tanjong Manis?! No kidding man.. do hook up when u're back in town k!

    ReplyDelete