Fun Snapping!

If there is one thing that I don't do as much as I should, it has to be to pick up my phone and snap away! I have a gorgeous HTC Butterfly with 8MP camera on it, barely using it to take pictures. By no means I'm a professional photographer, but I do believe everyone of us has some sense of photography in us having been exposed so much with so many styles. Plus, usually camera, even those on phones, are equipped with auto features that can make newbs like me shoot an almost pro photo. XD

When I do use it tho, I think I did a good job. Here's one of my favourites, taken on an impromptu trip to Damai Central one afternoon.

Yeah, don't focus on the feet alone. At that time my phone was almost out of juice, I snapped this without really thinking about. In fact, I'm almost certain I pressed the shutter by mistake. I only realised when I got home, plugged the phone to the charger and gone through the pic and noticed how well composed it actually was. 

At first I thought - owh look, my feet. They're ugly. Haaha!! But then I notice there's a guy mid air skimboarding, and I caught it on camera by chance. It actually looked cool.. (at least to me it does)

Then another time I went to Samajaya Natural Reserve. Or was it Samajaya National Reserve.. Either way, I went with a rather camera shy person who actually blessed with looks. I did snapped a few shots, but I won't include them here. However, this is another feature quite common to phone camera nowadays : Panorama shots.. 


Well, if u click and enlarge it, to a certain point the image just self-destruct. However if you look at it as a whole, from a comfortable distance, it's actually good - do take note as well this is my first panorama shot on HTC Butterfly. I haven't got the hang of it yet. A third of picture looks like it got paste from another picture but if you zoom a little bit you can see the jogging path and trees connect perfectly. Like I said, little to none knowledge to produce a decent picture. Imagine this on an amateur photographer. Imagine this on a pro! XD

The second shot was better, I think. Well composed, nice distance.. What do you think?


I'll show you more in future entries when I get the hang of it. Don't expect too much tho. It is only a phone camera, and I am not a pro photographer.. XD

0 comments :