Sending my Desire to Retire

I have to admit, my Desire has given me a lot of memories. Mostly good, some.. meh.. lets just say not so good. It has brought me new friends, new relationship, but some of the friends I made became strangers over time, some stayed. The relationship did not work out, but I'm glad for the experience. Desire. It is time for you to retire. 

LOL! I am being so dramatically emotional about a phone! HTC Desire! I don't suppose a lot of you know this model in particular - HTC is afterall the underdog brand in device manufacturers. What many did not know is that HTC is actually the pioneered handheld device developments. But, lets not talk about tech history.. 

This is my Desire - Box and all!
HTC Desire is the first model in the Desire range - preceding Desire HD, Desire X, Desire C, Desire SV and Desire V (I think.. working with memory here. Correct me if I am wrong). I got my Desire about a month before it actually reached Malaysian market. Had it specially ordered from the UK. 

It has caught many eyes back then - having one of the largest screen (yeah 3.7 is small nowadays, but back then - 3 years ago - it was HUGE!), bright AMOLED screen, and get this - an OPTICAL TRACKPAD! Yeap. it is touchscreen, but I sh*t you not, the trackpad helped so much in navigating full desktop version website on a 3.7 inch screen. 

It was the first HTC phone that I had, and fell in love with the brand immediately. Sense UI (version 2 back then, now up to 4+) integrated the phone contacts with Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Skype. Gallery was integrated with Flickr and Picasa. Loved it cuz I don't have to open different apps to know what my contacts are up to. 

This is also my first Android platform - instant and unconditional love! Back then my Desire was on 2.0, Éclair was the pseudonym if I'm not mistaken. Official support upgrade up to 2.3 Gingerbread, but I went as far as rooting it to support 4.1 Jelly Bean. Still loving it despite occasional lag. It was expected tho - latest software driving a 3 years old hardware. It's like an F1 driver driving a Kancil on a circuit. 

Anyways - I got myself a new device for new year - Chinese New Year to be exact - tho I'm not Chinese, the spirit of CNY is felt. (>.<) Another Android, of course. A HTC thats for sure. Red, in theme of CNY. and loving it even more. But that's another story. For now, I'm putting my Desire to retire.


0 comments :