Sometimes your jokes are mean..

"I'm sorry I have to tell you this, sometimes your jokes are mean." This is the phrase that I will start to use more and more. It's because I get pissed off a lot easier nowadays compared to before. Stress has everything to do with it. I don't blame myself for not being able to handle my stress, because I am handling it. Just not yet as efficient as it should be handled. Nor do I blame my friends who seems to love making fun of me, because that is just their personality. I have to adapt, but at the same time I have to let them know where I draw the line. 

I don't mind being the fool or jester, but sometimes you have to understand that something meant to be a joke to you is rather offensive to others. I do not like it when people assume stuffs about me that they judge based on what they perceive. Like the other day, it's not a surprise that I don't have many friends because I keep correcting other people's grammar and people gets annoyed that they don't want to be friends with me anymore. Wrong on both accounts : I have a lot more friends than I let you know, and they all either jokingly apologise (which I don't need nor are they obligated to do - apology in this matter is treated as a playful banter) or mock jokingly, not sarcastically.

Dictating how I perceive life in general based on what I say at one point of time or another is another mistake. Make assumption about me, then be ready to make an ass(out-of)u-m-e. Just because I stand on the wrong point does not mean that I see life on the depressed side. Yeah I get depressed sometimes, but that's only because I tend to be emotional. That does not mean I see the glass as being half empty. Man that is so lame.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that be a little bit more sensitive about the other person. Just as loud music is appropriate at bars, clubs and parties, but is not in, say, a funeral - jokes are appropriate at certain times but not others. Sometimes, all you need to do is just be a friend and ask, "How are you holding up?"

0 comments :