Do you want s'more food?

What do you get when you combine heat, marshmallow and cracker? S'more!!! Traditionally, marshmallows are roasted on an open fire (usually during camping trips) and then sandwiched between two graham crackers together with chocolate. Since I don't have any graham crakers - nor do I know how it looks like exactly having never found it anywhere in Kuching - which I'm almost certain some supermarkets do have them - I used Tiger crackers for substitute. As for chocolate, I got creative and sprinked Milo! >.<

Like I said, traditionally, the marshmallow would be roasted on fire - I took the high-tech approach of microwaving it (turns out after looking at Wikipedia, microwaving s'mores is pretty common...) And the result?


Looks good eh? I only dared to try one because at that time I had a suspicion that the marshmallow would explode in the microwave. For this particular s'more, I used medium power, 30 seconds - rest for 5 seconds, and another medium power for 20 seconds. The second time I tried it I used medium power for 50 40 seconds continuously - that did not turn out as well as the first. 

Anyways this is purely preference, but generally you don't want to heat it too much too long cuz then you'd have to wait for it to cool down or risk burning your tongue. Honestly, who has the patience when it comes to food?!

 

Trust me, this is an awesome snack to enjoy with family and friends over some football / basketball / tennis / badminton whatever, or just movies / series at home in the living room. If you do go out camping, I'm almost certain that roasted marshmallow beats microwave any day. 


Another guide - if you decide to use Milo or any powder form (milk / chocolate powder) -  sprinkle, don't spoon. As you can see in the picture above, it tend to melt and then stick together forming a candy hard sweet center filling. Not chewy, just hard. Unless if you're into biting hard candy, I don't recommend it..



0 comments :