Solo Celebration at John's Pie

So my blog recently got featured in Sarawak bloggers for the month of September. In a mood for celebration I headed to the Sarawak Regatta Fair. I’ll have another entry for that later, but right now I am fully content with my own company having a bite of Steak Beef Pie at John’s Pie. I’ve heard of John’s Pie from someone, I don’t recall whom though. Also came across the name while covering for the Rainforest World Music Festival 2013.

The entrance
I gotta there was a small misunderstanding about John’s Pie. Though the name was familiar, I was never able to find it. Instead, I came across John’s Place. Boy they are worlds apart. Where John’s Pie serves pie and pastries (as the name implies), John’s Place is a kopitiam which also offers a bed & breakfast on the first floor. I have a feeling that they are related - perhaps of the same business owners. If you know dow put it into the comments below! Thanks!


Inside - rather cozy albeit small
John’s Pie is a small quaint little cafe on the street of Song Thian Cheok. Common landmark is the 360’s Hotel, Liwah Hotel and Wisma Pheonix across Secret Recipe Padungan. I have to say after spending a whole day at the Regatta Festival with a bunch of awesome friends (a couple of which I just met) this quiet little place with its mellow jazz music in the background is all I needed while my other half is doing her own thing, if I may be to bold to point out.

Well anyways I I tried the Steak Beef Pie and boy was I pleasantly surprised. It was delish. The crust was thin but not too thin –it simply crumbles away revealing the scrumptious fillings inside. I have to point out that this is not a good place if you have large numbers in your party. Solo coffee time, couple’s date, that’s just the right number. Three, four or more would be a crowd. As it stands, I will definitely bring my better half here.



The receipt - not expensive at all!
John’s Pie also serve Shepherd’s Pie among other things ~ for those who fancy juices with their pies, there is bottled orange juice, but I like my pie with a cup of plain old coffee. They also serve a few types of quiches - a type of baked flan or tart with savory filling thickened with eggs (or to me it's a much larger version of egg tart - except instead of just egg, you get chicken or meat on it as well >.<) 

There is also a new pie on their menu - a locally inspired Laksa Pie! I might head over there to try it out soon! Who's coming with me?   \(^_^)/

Laksa Pie

2 comments :

  1. Wow... Would love to go there one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should go together - with Garner, Lindy, Kak Tia and Aliey! Bila tek?

      >.<

      Delete