Durian oh durian...

I had a chance to try the Durian Cheese Cake at Secret Recipe earlier, and it was delish. At the same time tho, I remembered the memory attached to that particular Secret Recipe, and was the main reason why I avoid it until only recently - having made peace with that memory..

Well, in the same context, I was reminded of a dear friend who hated durian so much that if the fridge is used to store durian, even in separate containers in separate compartments, he would not eat anything that came out of that fridge. He would even cringe at the smell from miles away! Imagine him walking into Secret Recipe that has Durian Cheese Cake.. hahaha! (owh and on a side note, this particular friend also do not eat bananas! >.<)

Analogically speaking, durian is still durian no matter how you serve it. As is, freshly peeled, or made into tempoyak, and fried tempoyak, dodol, crepe, cake, however you serve it, is still durian. No matter where you serve it, either on the roadside, at the market, nicely wrapped in a supermarket, at home, at a small stall made and wrapped to go, in a restaurant, at a five star hotel, it is still, in fact, durian! Some people love it, some people tolerate it, and some just hate it.

I wonder if you get the hint of what I'm trying to say. Let's say that I am the durian. I can wear the best clothes from a famous brand, or the worst match from the cheapest store.. I can keep my hair long or trim it short. I can keep my beard or shave it clean. I can put on whatever persona I see fit, whenever I feel like it, wherever I am required to, but I will always be me. Some people love me, some people tolerate me, and some just hate me. 

0 comments :