The Journey - ENFJ to ENTJ

Rome was not built in a day, the same way success does not come easy. There will always be trials and errors, small achievements and a number of failures. Let's not sugarglaze it - a failure to achieve something, is not the "unsuccessful way" as people usually put it. It is what it is, and it was a failure. The most important thing is to keep trying!

As you walk the miles day by day, learning bits and pieces, earning your keep, you develop your own conscience. By virtue of instinct, you add to your conscience things surrounding you - effectively creating your own persona, your own style, and your own existence.

But instinct and conscience alone will get you nowhere. And even if it does, you may end up exactly where you want to be if you're lucky - or in a race just struggling to keep up with your peers if you're not.

What you need next is a goal - a definition of your destination. Although it is said that the journey is more important than the destination, you may find yourself agreeing that if you fail to reach your goal, the journey seems like a wasted effort.

After deciding your one true goal, you can decide on the more tangible ones - earning your first million before reaching 30, promoted to a manager before 35, etc. In any case, a goal requires resolution. A strong will that drives you in whole to achieve that goal, be it the one and only or so many, be it measuable achievements or implied success, a resolution is an important element in realising one's goal.

My instict and my conscience is clear, and my goal is defined. My destination is to live with the beautiful woman that held my heart since last October. Everything, and I mean everything that I do is done to achieve that goal. I work day in and day out to earn my keep so I can make that goal closer to achieve. I work out at the gym to loosen up and prepare my physical and mental being for the journey. I study so that I can be in par with her and her peers. I talk with people and express myself so I can gain confidence in my own ability to look her in the eyes and tell her "I'll be with you til the very end". I pray so my spirit is at peace, to keep my conscience clear and strong. Such is my resolution

But what happens when the very core of me is challenged? That the way I am right now is not bringing me as close to my goal as I want to be? That the direction I'm heading is the long way round? I begin to waver. Self-doubt, questioning every single action I take. The biggest question that lingers - was my resolution not strong enough?

I'm not good with such confrontation as this. I avoid them like a plague. Some insists on tackling a problem head on, I ponder around it, dragging my feet and in the end opting for a more subtle approach to solving a problem.

And after two day jailed in my head, I came to a conclusion that there are a great many ways to achieve my goal. It is designed to fit my personality - and extrovert, a feeler, relying a lot on intuition and a strong need to justify myself and my surroundings. I'll take on a different view - just one - to feel a little less and to think a little more.


This is my journey - you are my destination - I am me, an ENFJ aiming to be an ENTJ.

0 comments :