Great Company, Awesome Holiday Buffet at Four Points by Sheraton

The Four Points by Sheraton Kuching is no stranger to visitors, local and visitors alike. For the locals, it is the place to escape the busy buzz of Kuching town, and to visitors, it offers a splendid location for business trips, meetings and even a city getaway. I was so happy to be here once again to The Eatery All Day Dining Restaurant, and this time it is more special as the invitation was extended in conjunction with a special event by the Four Points to appreciate the true essence of the joyful season – the “Christmas Love Treats”. Fellow blogger Garner, Aliey and Irene were also there to add to the merry making!

With Christmas in the air, holiday cheer spread around, and merry making everywhere, the culinary team cooked up a storm of delicious Christmas comfort food and feel good treats for its visitors. I was so very excited to be there, because from past experience dining with my colleague, I left with a welcomed sensation and most importantly a belly full of good food. The Eatery’s spread of buffet left very little to be desired as it serves up a slew of Western, Asian and local Malaysian cuisine; and if you still have room for dessert, the spread boasts a festive of sweet temptation, each waiting for you to savour and taste. 

Those who knows me personally would agree that I have a sizable appetite for a small guy. I’d like to disagree, but then I’d be lying! Dining at Four Points by Sheraton this time also meant that this is my first experience in enjoying a wide assortment of Christmas cuisines! Upon arrival, we were greeted personally by Ivan, the Online & Field Marketing Manager and were introduced to the different stations along the buffet spread – the Seafood on Ice, Create Your Own Salad counter, Soup from Kettle counter, Main Course Station, Carvery Station, Asian Station and Festive Sweet Temptation

I began with a couple of buns and a selection of items from the Seafood on Ice. On my plate there was Tuna and Salmon fillet, salami, a few sushi and California rolls sans wasabi (I decided to not to have any condiments), Prawn Salad and my new favourite – Christmas Venison Pâté. For first timers, myself included, a pate is made from finely minced or mashed ingredients, in this case it is a venison meat. So delish!

Next, while Aliey was busy making herself a Caesar Salad from the Create Your Own Salad counter, I decided to try out something from the Soup from Kettle counter – the Lobster Bisque with Truffle Oil and Crab Meat. It was my first time trying it out – what a wonderful surprise it was! The taste, coupled with an Herb Stick Bread or probably any bread rolls or loaves was just scrumptious! The texture was smooth and delightful, the taste creamy and satisfying!  

I decided to try out the main courses after finishing my soup – the Chicken Schnitzel (a thin slice of a piece of chicken, coated with breadcrumbs and egg and then fried) with lemon and caper, helped myself to some Roasted Turkey with Raisins, Roasted Potatoes and some Calamari Rings prepared with a local flavour. I also took a couple of Half Shelled Scallop and a few slices of fruits to cleanse my palette. Owh, did I tell you about the Herb Stick Bread? They are amazing on their own, and even better with the Lobster Bisque!

Thanks to the large portion of the Venison Pâté and the sheer number of main courses, I found myself full despite still wanting to savour the rest of the dishes in the other stations. The Asian Station offers Steamed White Pomfret Fish Teochew Style, Braised Chicken Meat Ball in Superior Sauce, Vietnamese Prawns and KL Curry Noodles! Alas, I settled and made way to the dessert station instead and fret about what to have for dessert! There were cookies of various kinds, an assortment of Macaroon Sandwiches, Christmas Fruit Cakes and Stollen (it’s basically fruit cake), Christmas Hazelnut Dome, Cinnamon Crème Brulee, Lemon Lime Meringue Tartlets, Christmas Yule Log and the signature dessert that Four Points by Sheraton is well known for – the Cotton Cheese Cake. 

I wish I have the capacity (and sweetness tolerance) to handle all of the desserts, I really do! On the other hand, they all looked so divine that eating them is a crime to the eyes who have yet to see them. I have, in my plate, 3 cookies – a buttermilk, icing topped and chocolate, Christmas Mince Fruit Pie and the Lemon Lime Pie. It was most unfortunate that the Cotton Cheese Cake was gone by the time I was ready for my dessert - I am definitely coming back for it sometime soon. Anyone wants to join me? Just gimme a holler in the comments. 

All in all it was a great experience for me - sharing and mingling with new friends. We are, after all, one big family regardless of race and religion. I would like to personally thank Ivan and Myla and all of the staffs at Four Points by Sheraton for your generous hospitality, and especially to the Executive Chef Liou Chong Yaw for cooking up a storm. 

0 comments :