Giving that 100%

In the words of Benjamin Franklin:
TELL me and I forget. 
TEACH me and I remember. 
INVOLVE me and I learn.
Today is the first day of school, and seeing that I haven't written anything to welcome the new year yet,  I've decided to dedicate this post to learning. 

Before that, let's talk about a new year resolution. Yeap, I'll be honest - I'm not so good with resolutions. I'm one of them many who would make one - or more - and gave it a half-assed effort before forgetting the whole thing soon after. 

Towards the end of 2014, I was a whole lot more outgoing than I ever was. To rub shoulders with top-tier professionals and business owners taught me that opportunities are everywhere, and everyone is out on the lookout to help out. Yes, it may be for their own personal gain, I'd go as far as using someone to get what they want, but that someone being used gains just as much a benefit himself. 

Sure, if you compare yourself at present moment with these established professionals, you probably won't measure up to their shoulders. But trust me, they are more than willing to bend down on their knee just enough to support you so that you grow taller. What's in it for them? Bragging rights of course, given you yourself live up to expectation. Not just theirs, not the community, just your own expectation. 

This year, instead of a resolution, I am making a dedication. A dedication to myself to pursue one dream and not waiver. To dedicate myself to live up to my own expectation, and to love myself for doing it. To give that 100% in the pursuit of happiness. In that, I truly believe that whatever I put myself into, I will come out successful and be on par with the persons I look up on. 

In that, I hope I have inspired you too in giving that 100% of yourself in everything you put your time into. Define your own happiness, and put 100% of yourself in that pursuit. In time, you'll earn yourself a life worth living.



0 comments :