I'm an energy sucking extrovert! ngeh ngeh ngeh..

2 posts in a day! WOOHHOOO!!! XD

The past few weeks brushed by like a cold breeze, leaving the usually up-beat me to shiver and stutter. Normally anxious and dramatic, I find myself more withdrawn than ever. Stumbling upon my old blog really helps me get back (and thus proving the fact that if you don't help yourself, no one will).

So I took a step back. We need to do that sometimes, right? Get our bearings, set thing straight and make sure we don't lose ourself.. I went back and took a personality test (which I do from time to time ever since I discovered Myers Briggs Type Indicator - MBTI). It has been a while since I took the test, I don't remember my type indicator back then, and not sure if much has changed (personally speaking). Got the result : ENFJ

What does it mean?

It means that I am an energy sucking intuitive feeling matter-of-factly extroverted person. MUAHAHAHAHA!!  No, this does not define who I am, it is just one part of me. The tests and indicators are mere tools to determine your preference, and from time to time, place to place, people to people, your own preference change.

Seeking more confirmation, I looked up Keirsey Temperament Sorter and took the test too. Came out the same result (surprise surprise!). A little more reading I discovered some now info regarding my personality indicator. I am what is classified as the Intuitive Teacher who's generally comfortable being out and about to help guide people around me through their lives. Funny that, cuz I ultimately want to end my professional career in the education line. (Currently serving in the business and professional environment to equip myself with needed knowledge and experience before guiding the young ones - yet another common trait in this personality class).

Well I could blabber much about my personality trait, but bot here, not at the moment. I prefer others to view me in person, and the dynamics of who I am, rather than having a certain pre-conception based on what they read beforehand.

In any case, dumb as it may sound, I was feeling rather depressed lately (having turned down by a crush. You'd think you're man enough to handle it at 27, but apparently the older you get, the more it hurt). Aaaannnyywaaaayyss, I found myself slacking, lagging, forgetting the day of the week (woking 5 days a week and attending classes on the weekends does not help) etc. etc. until I read about Nuffnang's credit card design contest which led me to find my old blog still up.

I read up some of the entries that I wrote, reminded of who I was back then and how far I've actually gone in life. Had a few heart-breaks that healed and scarred, but those are experience none the less. My experience.

As I wrote this, I feel relieved. Finally, I think I can be positive about life again. It's simple as it is, I'm alive, I'm thankful for the friends that I have, sad for those that became strangers, and at the same time wholly excited think of strangers becoming friends.

So yeah, I think I'll be alright.

P/S:

  • If you're interested in trying the MBTI to find out your personality preference, you can try it here
  • Next, the Kiersley Temperament Sorter here
  • Don't worry if you find that you need to register or pay a certain fee to get a complete result. What you need is really the 4 letter result, and use Wikipedia to get more info. I'll put a widget in my blog to help you out. XD

0 comments :